APPLY STUDY VISA
Info Source - https://educationmalaysia.gov.my/visa-new-application/
*ALL INFORMATION FROM THIS PAGE IS FROM THIS SAID WEBSITE
6 STEPS TO APPLY STUDY VISA IN MALAYSIA
STEP 1 : SUBMIT DOCUMENTS TO ACADEMY
Students are required to submit the following documents to KLCC Academy to proceed with visa application
1. Full Passport Copy [ Ensure your passport has at least 12 months of validity ]
2. Passport Size Photo [ White Background ]
3. Academic certificates and transcripts Copy
4. Registration Fee
STEP 2 : ONLINE APPLICATION VIA EMGS
Upon receiving the above documents, KLCC Academy will proceed to register student with EMGS
Processing Time: 14 business days from the date of submission.
1. Academy will initiate a visa application online with EMGS.
2. Factor in some time to go for your compulsory medical screening and prepare documents, medical reports or
certificates to be uploaded with your application.
3. Provide information as accurately as possible.
4. You will be required to make an initial payment for visa processing
(actual amount varies, please check the fee calculator here)
5. If your visa application is refused, you will be notified in writing.
TRACK APPLICATION ON EMGS
Once KLCC Academy has submitted your documents to EMGS ;
You can track your application status here.
On the EMGS's Check Application Status website you will be able to follow your visa status as follows :
EMGS PROCESSING STATUS
SAMPLE EMGS STATUS - SCREENSHOT
SAMPLE EMGS STATUS - SCREENSHOT
SAMPLE VISA APPROVAL LETTER - VAL
STEP 3 : ENTRY VISA TO MALAYSIA
What need to be done before arranging travel to Malaysia :
SINGLE ENTRYY VISA [SEV]
Processing time: 1 to 3 weeks for hard copy, 48 hours for e-Visa.
Individuals from qualifying countries can get visa-on-arrival (VOA) upon arrival at the Malaysian border.
Individuals from countries that require a pre-arrival visa must apply for a single entry visa (SEV) from their home country’s Malaysian embassy or consular office, or if a Malaysian mission is not present there, at the nearest neighbouring country.
Individuals from visa-required countries on the following list can apply for an e-Visa which takes 48 hours to process.
You can apply for an e-Visa anywhere around the world except from Malaysia and Singapore.
Apply for eVisa:
STEP 4 : TRAVELLING TO MALAYSIA
STEP 5 : REGISTRATION AT KLCC ACADEMY
1. Check in with our international student office and make arrangements for accommodation if need be.
2. Keep us and EMGS informed of any changes to your address or emergency contacts..
Students must complete a medical screening within 7 days upon arrival in Malaysia at any EMGS-registered (panel) clinic.
STEP 6 : ISSUANCE OF VISA AND i-KAD
1. When receiving the Student Pass (sticker on passport) and i-Kad (foreign national identity card), please ensure that all your details and documents are in order before accepting as it will take a while to receive a new set.
2. For students who have received your i-Kad, you can safely lock up your passport as you can use your i-Kad as proof of identification and study.
i-Kad is an identity card for non-Malaysian citizens who have a valid resident status in Malaysia. It will only be issued upon the issuance of a student pass.
STEP 7 : PAYMENT
1. ONLINE PAYMENT OPTION :
2. ONLINE TRANSFER OPTION :
BANK : RHB BANK BHD
ACCOUNT NO : 2142 3100 0629 87
SWIFT CODE : RHBBMYKL
1. Individuals must present a valid passport with an appropriate length of validity, VAL and relevant paperwork at the immigration checkpoint at the Malaysian border.
2. It is compulsory to present a hardcopy of VAL at the immigration checkpoint in order to receive the correct visa-on-arrival (VOA) stamp.
3. If you are from non-qualifying countries, please present either the previously-obtained SEV or e-Visa together with VAL to avoid delay
4. Our KLCC Academy representative will be at the airport for meet & greet
Note: List of countries which can get a visa on arrival (selected Commonwealth countries):
Antigua & Bermuda Netherland, Australia, New Zealand, Bahamas Papua New Guinea, Barbados, Seychelles, Belize, Singapore, Botswana, Solomon Island, Brunei, South Africa, Canada, St Kitts & Nevis, Dominica, St Lucia, Fiji, St Marino, Gambia, St Vincent Grenadine, Grenada, Swaziland, Guyana, Switzerland, Ireland, Tanzania, Jamaica Tonga, Kenya Trinidad & Tobago, Kiribati, Gilbert Isl Tuvalu, Lesotho, Uganda, Liechtenstein, United Kingdom, Malawi, Vanuatu, Maldives, Western Samoa, Mauritius, Zaire, Namibia, Zambia, Nauru, Zimbabwe